Preschool and OSC
Our Preschool; Rising Stars (class for ages 3-4 years and Twinkling Stars for ages 2-3) is managed as a Governor run pre-school with it's own manager and team.
The staff do work closely with the School Reception staff, often sharing topics, themes and resources within a curriculum that follows the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We are a warm and welcoming preschool in the heart of the Cotswolds.
Our staff are committed to supporting the children; we believe that every child deserves the best possible start in life and we endeavour to work with families to provide this.
We believe that all children are entitled to a secure, safe and happy childhood...
We work with children, the parents and the community to give each child the best start in life.
We encourage the children to follow our school vision at all times:
- CARE – that children feel valued and cared for as individuals, they know that they have a voice that is listened to and can communicate their needs.
- Challenge - that each child feels challenged and motivated in the activities that they choose to pursue.
- Amaze – children choose a range of new and familiar tasks that require resilience and focus.
- Respect – children feel that they are treated with equality and consistency. They are aware of the world around them. They ask questions and learn to treat people and their environment with respect.
- Enjoy – children enjoy their time in our setting and as a result, develop emotionally, socially, physically and intellectually.
We open five days per week during school term times and offer a variety of session times between 8am and 6pm. We also open during school holidays (except at Christmas and the New Year when we are closed for 2 weeks).
Parents are welcome to stay for a settling in period if they feel it is needed but when it becomes possible we prefer children to be left, which can help them to develop their personal, social and emotional skills (PSE).
Parents/carers are required to bring their child’s birth certificate to the setting when they register their child for preschool in order that we may verify their date of birth.
To apply for a place, please complete an application form and return it to us (email, post or in person) and we will contact you to let you know what places we have available.
To apply for vouchers see the advice note below.